Monday, October 10, 2011

Why am I such a good cook? Spinach Quiche Recipe

I amaze myself sometimes. My experiments do not always turn out. In fact, most people would probably not like it as much as I do, but tonight was a winner.

Spinach Quiche

Ingredients
~1 9inch pie crust
~4 eggs
~3/4 cup heavy cream (alternatives could be half and half, cottage cheese, cream cheese, etc)
~2 cups fresh spinach, torn
~1/2 onion, chopped
~2 cloves garlic, chopped
~A spot of oil to saute onion, garlic, spinach
~1 t garlic salt
~1 t pepper
~1 t paprika
~1 t nutmeg
~1 c feta
~1 c shredded Parmesan

Directions
1) Pre-bake pie crust (generously poke lots of holes in the crust, bake at 450 f for 10 minutes, allow to cool)
2) Saute onion and garlic. Add spinach until wilted. Remove from heat, allow to cool
3) Mix eggs, cream, spices in a bowl. Add spinach mixture and cheese.
4) Stir into pre-baked crust. Foil the edges to prevent the crust from burning
5) Bake at 375 for 40 minutes.

Very easy. I don't know how authentic to a typical recipe this quiche is, but it is tasty!

No comments:

Post a Comment