Thursday, October 22, 2009

Bonus!

So, I guess I'm bored. I've been sitting in Avant Garden since 11:30ish. I've still got another hour and a half til my mom comes to get me at 4:30. I've caught up on ANTM and Glee. I've harvested and planted everything on farmville. I don't have any more email to write. I could look into finding art or posters to hang in our apartment, but I've already started this post and it'd be a little silly to stop now.

Ergo, post number 2 of the day.

I had a very up-and-down past yesterday.
Up: I got a ride to school so I didn't have to walk in the rain.
Down: My backpack was thoroughly stuffed, so it was atrocious even though I walked a mile less than normal.
Up: We had an interesting discussion about bodies in anthropology.
Down: I felt really disenfranchised that while we talked about male, female and intersex biological sexes, we talked only about men and women as genders in the context of St. Olaf. There are trans students on campus, me included, and he knew it.
Up: Russian politics was interesting and engaging.
Down: No one recognized my suggestion in Asian Politics as valid, and discounted it before I had even finished. It was too valid.
Up: I got my N64 games in the mail!
Down: I got a cold.... possibly swine flu, but so far it's just a runny nose and sore throat and a stuffy head.
Up: Work was easy and drama-free.
Down: I was working while sick.
Up: I got to leave work for 20 minutes to go present to the Student Organizations Committee so we can get SANRA recognized as a student org.
Down: They ran out of meatloaf AND mashed potatoes before I got to eat. Although the turkey was good.
Up: I played pokemon snap for a few hours because I had no homework.

Yeah, that was pretty much it for yesterday. Today, aside from the cold weather and my cold and lack of sleep, it's been a pretty good day.

1 comment: