Sunday, March 7, 2010

A Goody Two Shoes Weekend

I guess my weekend wasn't too goody goody, but I was trying to get rid of the cold I've had all week, so not much happened. Friday, I went out to eat at Mandarin Garden in downtown Northfield with Meichen and LaVana from my interim trip. It was good times!

After, I watched 10,000 BC and ate half a box of Thin Mints. The cookies were good! The movie, not so much. It was fun to watch, I guess, as long as you don't mind historical anomalies and a bad plot.

In any case, I fell back into a couple bad habits this weekend: first, eating a ton of girl scout cookies. Yeah, I ate two boxes in 3 days. Awesome. Second, staying up late for no good reason. I stayed up til 2 even though I was just dicking around. Ergo, I slept til noon on Saturday. I guess it did no harm, as I just spent most of Saturday dicking around too.

I also watched Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull, while eating Thank You Berry Munch cookies. Cookies, mediocre and the movie, worse. Not worse than 10000 BC, but worse than the cookies. The movies were equally bad. Both fun, but bad plots and writing and pretty much everything but the adventure. Although, after the movie, I watched a History Channel "documentary" about aliens teaching ancient cultures stuff, and they mentioned a few of the things in the movie.

Anyway, back to the goody goody ness of the weekend. I went to a church today. Not the service, just the building after the service. The UU church in Northfield held a fundraiser for a local GLBT organization, and that organization ended up being GLOW! So a few of us coordinators went there to pick up the check and take a picture with the people giving it to us to go in the Northfield News.

After, I went to the coop for local, responsibly produced, organic groceries, and cooked not only one meal, but my lunches for the next week. How responsible of me... also, I walked. lol. I am so green.

No comments:

Post a Comment