Tuesday, September 15, 2009

What a weird night

I had a very strange evening.

As I headed up to campus for meetings, I decided to take a wooded path behind Ellingson that a friend told me about. As I walked up the nice, cool path, I heard some shouted voices and some stomping. As I got closer, a few dozen men ran toward me wearing nothing but teeny tiny running shorts. It was mildly entertaining. Then I kept walking, and there was one lagging behind, taking a piss. That made me giggle.

Then it was relatively normal for a while, went to the poster sale, ate some dinner, etc. Then I went to the library to print a reading and I checked my email to make sure my work orientation started at 6:30. It didn't. It started at 6. I looked at the clock. It was 6. Shit. I booked it to the CEL, and made it there in 3 minutes. Not too late, but now the meeting was going to end at 7:30, not 7 as I had thought.

I had a SANRA meeting at 7. Well, I was gonna be late for that now. So I got the meeting late, and I felt a little confused the whole time. After SANRA, we had the first GLOW meeting of the year. Around 60 people came. We normally have around 10 people. We played Shuffle-Your-Butt, and talked about GLOW.

Then I started walking home, and I ended up walking PDA home. PDA is President David Anderson, the president of St. Olaf. He's very intimidating. We chatted politely, but it was rather awkward. He doesn't really support GLOW very much.

Then I turned the corner, and a guy got off his bike, and the pedal fell off. Apparently I am normal because I don't carry a wrench around at 10 pm.

It was an interesting night, full of strange encounters and odd moments.

1 comment: