Sunday, September 26, 2010

Update

So, since school started, I have had almost zero free time. Any free time I've had has gone to sleep.

Until starting yesterday, when I developed such a bad headache at work that I ended up crying in the bathroom for 5 minutes before asking to go home early. Since that time at 1:30, I've slept 17 hours, and it's only 9pm the next day. Headache, nausea, and fever/chills gone in an instant. And by instant, I mean 17 hours of sleep and some Aleve. I called in sick to work because I was still feeling crappy after 12 hours of sleep, then I went back to bed.

I think the main issue is that I'm working at 6am at Target on Saturday and Sundays lately. Which wouldn't be so bad, except I work til 11 on Fridays, and then my Saturday afternoon is spent doing Monday's homework, and Sunday afternoon is spent doing Tuesdays homework, so I don't have a chance to get caught up on sleep. (Monday evening is then spent doing Wednesdays homework, I don't have time for homework Tuesday, Wednesday afternoons I do Thursday homework, Thursday evening are spent doing Fridays homework, and then I work right after classes/lunch on Fridays, ergo, no sleep, and no updating the ol' blog)

Luckily, next the next two weekends, I close most nights, so there is more designated sleep-time. I'll squeeze the homework in there somehow. Today, I didn't work, and I got all of Mondays and Tuesdays homework done, and had time for 2 movies and a House dinner.

I almost wish I could quit Target, but it's my only non-school income. All of my other income goes right to tuition, and I have to be able to buy food and pay off my credit cards. Target is the lowest paying job, the most demanding job, and the least flexible job. Plus the hours are either really early in the morning or really late at night, and it's a 3 mile bike ride at either 5am or 11pm. It wasn't bad during the summer when I had nothing else to do, but now it's almost not worth it. I guess I'll be able to quit second semester, when my tuition will be paid off, and I can work more at my higher paying jobs.

Sigh, anyway. I'm going to see if I can get a head start on Wednesday's homework. Or get distracted by something else. Classes are fine, even though I only like 1 of them. Orgs are fine, house is awesome.

Goodnight.

No comments:

Post a Comment