Thursday, August 20, 2009

Shakespeare in Love

Today was an almost perfect day for me. For the general metro area, not so much. There was a tornado in downtown Minneapolis but the sirens didn't go off until the tornado was already causing damage. I think people in the cities don't really expect tornadoes downtown and it's harder to look for them because there is limited sky visibility downtown. I know I only look at the sky when I'm on 3rd and Hennepin, because there's parking lot that makes it easier to see.

Another bad thing about today: the mail didn't come. The rain and two tornado warnings screwed up the mail. I'm a very systematic and scheduled person. I don't like spontaneity when I'm at home. On days when Mom takes the newspaper, I wander around the house during my breakfast hour, at a loss for what to do after I eat in 10 minutes instead of 45-60.

Other than that, though, it was a perfect day. It was chilly enough to wear not only sweatpants, but a long sleeved shirt AND socks. : ) With a blanket and tea, I was one cozy dude. It was raining and gloomy outside, which is one of my favorite weather conditions. I read a lot, tried to do the crosswords (I can do Monday and Tuesday, and almost no other day), sewed my blanket and watched Shakespeare in Love.

It was a very good movie. Historically inaccurate, but a great movie. The beginning was a little slow and confusing, but I got into it very easily. What fantastic dialogue and plot and interesting connections and unique characters. I can see why it won Best Picture. Plus, it has the most stimulating sex scenes. They recite lines from Romeo and Juliet while making love. Fantastic! It's a good love story, painfully beautiful and woefully realistic. I was sad that one of my favorite male romantic actors (Colin Firth) was the bad guy. But overall, I approve. : )

Too bad the sirens went off when I was watching it, so I had to turn the movie off to check the weather. Luckily, the crappy meteorologist was on, so I didn't get sucked into the weather like I normally do. I also finished all the squares on my blanket, so now I can start putting it together!

I really enjoyed today.

No comments:

Post a Comment