Tuesday, November 3, 2009

Brown eyed girl

I just saw a comment on Facebook in which someone said their eyes were "boring brown eyes."

I don't understand this, I guess. One of many things I do not understand.

How can someone's eyes, or features in general, be boring? No ones features are the same. Everyone looks different. Yeah, brown eyes are more common, but where did people get the idea that green, blue or hazel eyes are interesting?

Everyone seems to change themselves to match everyone else. How many people do you know who have brown highlights in blonde hair, or blonde highlights in brown hair? Or how many people a few years ago died their hair maroon/purple/red? So why is it that when we have a feature we can't change, such as eye color, we are rarely happy with it?

I love brown eyes. I mean, I love all eye colors, but not because of the colors themselves, but how eyes manage to capture you. Looking into someone's eyes can be so intimidating, so communcative. How could that be boring?

I wonder if anyone has told her that her eyes are boring?

No comments:

Post a Comment