Saturday, November 14, 2009

Ode to Progesterone!

Today, I got my vaccine. My pregnancy vaccine, that is!

I don't know if this is considered too personal to share in a blog, but I'm going to share anyway. Depo Provera is amazing.

I got my period for about an hour on Monday, which made me realize that oh shit, I need to get my depo soon. So I called them a few minutes later. Normally, I can get the appointment for the next day and the scheduling is pretty flexible. It takes about 5 minutes to get it.

However, there was one appointment this week open when I called early Monday morning. Friday at 10:45. That's the last day of the 2-week window. Not only that, but I have class at 10:45 on Mon, Wed, Fri.

My lovely roommate drove me there at 9:45, just in case they could squeeze me in early.

We walked out at 10:05.

Aside from a sore right ass cheek, I am pretty happy. Except for some reason when I glanced at the TV and saw a hokey Pillsbury commercial and choked up. It was about a college student coming home for Thanksgiving. And croissants. The sudden influx of hormones must be freaking me out. That'll go away in a couple days.

Ah... hormones and menstrual suppression!

No comments:

Post a Comment