Monday, August 1, 2011

Hmm... awkward!

So, I am not one to closet myself. I am always willing to talk the truth with whoever I am with. But today at work, it just made things awkward between a customer and I.

Trying to flirt with me, he asked me how my boyfriend feels about me working all weekend. I tell him that I don't have one. "What? What's a beautiful girl like you doing without a boyfriend?"

"Nah, I don't need one."

"You could have a lot of boyfriends!"

"Yeah, I'm sure I could. If it happens, it happens. I don't need anyone right now." I was trying to be nonchalant, trying not to flirt back, but not shutting him out, because he is a customer.

"As long as you don't want a girlfriend."

At this, I just felt awkward. "If it happens, it happens," I replied. Honest, right?

"No... Why a beautiful girl like you would want a girlfriend..." He trailed off muttering, as I finished his transaction and quickly changed the subject to something like his work.

How do I react to this? I am unsure. I am an out and proud bisexual, but this man was obviously uncomfortable by the idea, and here I am, trying to make him into a loyal customer. I hope I handled it ok.

No comments:

Post a Comment