Saturday, August 27, 2011

Recipe: Quinoa Fruit Salad

Yum yum! Another recipe score!

Ingredients:
1 c rinsed, uncooked quinoa (or ~2.5-3 c cooked)
1 c vanilla yogurt
1/4 c honey
1 T fresh mint, chopped
1 pineapple, cut into bite-size pieces
1 pint strawberries, cut into bite-size pieces
4 peaches, cut into bite-size pieces

1) Cook the quinoa
2) While it's cooking, mix together yogurt, honey and mint for the dressing.
3) Mix the quinoa into the yogurt. Add in fruits and toss.
4) Chill, then serve.

Simple, fast delicious! I made up this recipe because I imagined it would taste good. I looked for other recipes like it, but I couldn't find any. Now I just need a name for it. Quinoa reminds me of fish eggs, but that's a disgusting name for a fruit salad. Any suggestions?

No comments:

Post a Comment