Monday, April 5, 2010

Postal, going.

I feel inspired by all the recent posts. I will post (aka. I don't want to finish writing my to-do list and go to bed). I'm not actually going postal (but ask me again in a few weeks. We'll see).

I thought I should just post that my life is good. I don't really have time for a huge social life, but I don't really need one. I am happy with a small social life.

I am also happy being single. I know a lot of people find that odd, but ever I find myself happier more often than I was when I was in a relationship. Even though it was great, being in a relationship is a lot of work. I would rather focus on myself, because I don't have a lot of energy to spare. I find myself reluctant to enter into anything with anyone. I like being single, and I think I will stay that way for a while.

Unless, of course, someone comes along who happens to make me feel being in a relationship with them is better than not. And when that happens, I will probably find energy and time to give to them.

I suppose this note is inspired by an awkward, and repeated, conversation with my dad's wife who says things like "you're never going to find another one like him!" and "He treated you good, you got along with his mother and family. Those don't come around to often." It was good, but it was also a lot of stress and tears. Worth it, but still not always peachy.

Also inspired by all of the new and ended relationship notifications that pop up on facebook.

Spring, anyone?

No comments:

Post a Comment