Monday, June 7, 2010

The End, only it's The Beginning

Well, that's over.

I took my GRE today. I did okay. I did how I thought I would do. I got at 570 on the verbal and a 710 on the quantitative. I have to wait 2 weeks to get my writing scores back, but so far I'm around the 75th percentile, which isn't bad. I needed to get above the 55th percentile to be above the average score for the Humphrey Institute. Glad my school of choice isn't that competitive in terms of GRE.

Instead, I get to worry about my lack of experience. Goody. : )

If I don't get in, I'll join the Peace Corps or Americorps for a couple years, then try to find a real job. Or just try to find a real job. Or find a crappy job and an internship that might turn into a real job.

The nice thing about my potential degree program is that most people go mid-career, or after a few years of working, so I am more likely to go back to get my degree than someone who wants to go to med school or something. Med students need to know a lot of information, and if you're out of school for 10 years, you've probably forgotten most of it.

In any case, I at Chipotle, my favorite fast food restaurants. Someone wearing a burqa just walked in. Like, a full burqa, not just hijab. I haven't seen one of those in person before. That's cool. Props to her for having the courage to wear that, you know?

Sorry, tangent. Anyway, the future is far away and doesn't need a lot of detailed thought right now. Next week, I'll start working on my personal statement. : )

2 comments:

  1. I never thought it would take courage to wear a burqa. I figured it would take courage for her not to wear it. But that is just me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think it would take courage for her not to wear it in a more Muslim country, but this is Minneapolis, in the US, where people don't always treat Muslims well or fairly. More visible religious "extremism" receives and very strong negative reaction in the US, so she is courageous for wearing a full burqa instead of hijab.

    ReplyDelete