Friday, June 11, 2010

Makin' the World Go 'Round

I've been thinking about money a lot lately.

Between tuition for next year, my class in Thailand, my trip to Japan, needing a new computer (and wanting a good one), and preparing for life after Olaf.

To add to the money stress, I've been watching the Home and Garden channel between things I actually want to watch, where they show a lot of people buying their first homes and renovating their homes.

I want to buy a home! Haha. My ideal living space would be a spacious condo in Minneapolis with 10 or so acres of heavily-wooded lakefront property out in the middle of nowhere in northern Minnesota, on which I would build a nice cabin.

I guess I'll just have to wait until (1) I find a good job, (2) I get all my student loans paid off and (3) I have my future settled.

Maybe I should just stay in the moment: I get to live in an awesome house in a few months, I live in a nice apartment, and I know I'll be able to find an affordable place to live after I graduate. I don't need to worry about whether I'll be able to afford a $300,000 mortgage, or be able to afford to build my own cabin. Or worry about whether or not I'll have a cushy enough job to afford the life I want.

I am 21. I am now a senior in college. (inner tangent: shiiittt....) I am privileged and fortunate to have a lot of my life easily obtained. I know I will be able to find some sort of work that will support me, even if it isn't my ideal career path.

I will be okay, and I will likely excel. Awesome.

Thanks for the pep talk!

No comments:

Post a Comment