Sunday, June 28, 2009

Ch-ch-changes

I have changed a lot.
I no longer enjoy sunburn as much as I did before.
I enjoy chilly weather more, because I get to wear sweatpants.
I wear sweatpants.
I picked Batman over candy.
I have more respect for other religions.
I hate being around people practicing their religion. Praying, church, etc. Keep me out of it.
I no longer have a common interest with most of my friends.
I am sad by how much I've grown apart from friends.
I love Indian food.
I prefer to cook than microwave, even if I'm hungry and just woke up.
I have grown up a little bit more.
I drink soda once every month or two.
I LOVE CINNAMON ROLLS!
I like tea. When did that happen?
I have a tattoo.
I am swimming, metaphorically, in the sea of identity confusion.
I am not a man.
I am not a woman.
I love my body.
I no longer care to find accurate labels for my various identities.
I no longer care to have an opinion about things I can't effect.
I like having intellectually stimulating conversations.
I don't hug or cuddle as often as I'd like anymore.
I do not shave my legs.
I prefer to eat 100% whole wheat bread.
I don't listen to music every day.
I have regrets. I never had those in high school. Maybe it was the hormones.
I kind of want to stop birth control, if only to be able to sell my eggs. But then I would have to think about my reproductive system and get periods.
I resent my reproductive system, at least the lining of my uterus and ovaries. The fallopian tubes and uterus itself are ok, though.
I have become really ambitious. Where was that before I turned 17?
I have little patience for glamour and glitz.
I have become shy again. Maybe some teenage hormones would be good, just not as much as puberty.
I don't understand why I don't have a summer job for the second year in a row.

These are some things that have changed since high school.

No comments:

Post a Comment