Tuesday, July 7, 2009

Chacos and Chicken Shit

I haven't raved about my favorite sandals yet. They're Chacos. They're awesome. Chacos are designed so it's practically impossible for ankles to pronate, they have unbelievable arches and I love them dearly. If you buy a pair, and the strap breaks (there's only 1 strap!), you can send it in and it'll be repaired for free. I've had mine for a year, and the strap hasn't worn out at all. It looks a little dusty sometimes, but that's about it. It's easily adjustable so your shoe fits you and not the standard foot of America. I prefer the solid strap over the double strap, but I like the option of being able to put the toe strap down (the Z1 comes without a toe strap, but the Z2 strap doesn't have to be up).

The bottom of the soles is designed for good traction for hiking and whatnot, but also to keep the tread clear of debris. It's kind of a self cleaning shoe. However, if you're like me and have been spending a lot of time around chickens lately, it's a little hard for chicken shit to just fall out the way dirt and grass does. Which is another great benefit of Chacos sandals: Easy cleaning! You can hose them off, stick them in the washing machine or even put them in the dishwasher, and voila! Clean shoes. I'm going to hose mine off though. I don't want to get chicken shit on my plates.

Chacos are really comfortable, too. I've only had 3 blisters in them, and I've walked dozens of miles. They can tinge your feet black and it takes some people time to get used to the high arches, but even after a 4 mile walk, I don't even limp, which is amazing for sandals.

They can be pricey, but I know people who have had theirs for 8 years without a problem, so it's a good investment, I think. I found cheap ones online for $75 plus $8 s/h. They usually run around $100. I haven't met a person who didn't like them.

Plus you get a cool tan line on your foot, as seen in the picture. : )

PS. Not my legs. I don't get a Z tan, I get a Z burn. And mine are black. : )

No comments:

Post a Comment