Friday, July 3, 2009

Sweatpants and Piracy

Today, I became a pirate.

I mean "pirate" in the sailing the high seas, pillaging merchant ships and being rowdy and drinking rum kind of way, not the illegally distributing media way.

However, I am not a cool pirate. I am a silly pirate. I am a pirate who wears sweatpants and glasses and wears a chicken on my shoulder, not a parrot.
That's right, today Kelly Kapoor decided to make a perch/pirate of me. She was very jealous that all the other chickens could fit on the henhouse peak, and she didn't. Apparently my shoulder is the next best thing.
I looked into her eyes as she circled the ground around me. There, I saw determination. I croaked out an "uh oh" and the next thing I knew was a swirl of feathers and chicken feet on my shoulder.

( Chicken feet, by the way, are very interesting. They look scaly and cold, but they are scaly and warm. Warmer than I am. It was slightly disturbing. )

After Mom and I stopped laughing, we took some pictures of the event and I shook her off. At which point the grand adventure of putting the chickens away started. It was eventful. They are really good at staying put.

In other news, I love sweatpants. Pros: they are warm and cozy and it feels like I'm not wearing pants at all! Cons: I can get too warm, and I look 20 pounds heavier. I also look like a lazy college student who doesn't have a job. Oh, what do you know! I guess I should wear sweatpants!

1 comment: