Thursday, July 2, 2009

CT and KT's Adventure in Uptown

Today, my friend KT and I went on a grand adventure. She didn't have to take her physics final today, so we decided to go to uptown and enjoy ourselves. We took the bus down there (we went down to uptown. haha) and whilst waiting for our transfer, made a short strange movie. : )

We had a lovely lunch at Namaste Cafe, which is a South Asian cafe that serves meat that had a good life (the only kind I eat). I enjoyed Chana Masaala Curry while KT got the Namaste Chicken. And we got various side dishes too, including momos for an appetizer. I highly recommend Namaste Cafe. It can be pricey for a college student's budget, but it's cheaper than Chapatis, and similar quality. Also, it has edible portion sizes, so there's no awkward leftovers.














Then we traversed across the road to the Tea Garden, one of my favorite establishments ever. While I don't always get bubble tea, the signature dish, if you will, of the Tea Garden, I always enjoy their drinks. I wish coffee places would serve more tea lattes than just chai or occasionally matcha green. I did enjoy my hot chocolate black tea latte today. The Tea Garden has tea drinks of almost any flavor or flavor combination imaginable. Well, that's not true. I'll rephrase that. They serve dozens of flavors and flavor combinations that people might actually want. It takes me longer to decide what I want than it does for them to make it, no matter how complex. I recommend going there to everyone who enjoys drinking. : ) There are Tea Gardens on Hennepin in Uptown, Washington by the Stadium Village (U of M), Grand in St Paul by Macalester, and now there is one in the Mall of America! How convenient! I'm glad my favorite place to get a hot drink or fruit shake is doing so well.

After we had finished off our desserts/drinks, we went for a short walk to Cheapo. I, who intended on buying nothing, left $20 poorer (but 6 CDs richer!) and KT, who wanted to go there in the first place, ended up putting all but 1 of the CDs she wanted back. I was saddened. There was not one Indian or Middle Eastern CD under $3, my spending limit per CD (what? an attempt to control your spending? unheard of!). I really like Cheapo, too. My goodness, this blog is just one huge advertisement! Cheapo can be very cheap, especially if you buy used. Of course, not all the CDs are cheaper than buying them (or stealing them) online, but you find some great bargains sometimes.

Then is was back home one the strange commuter bus full of people reading and lining up and being quiet and respectful. I'm still not used to it. It's strange to ride a bus without at least one annoying obnoxious weirdo on there. I love metrotransit, most of the time. One major suggestion for them: please have more busses in the Northern suburbs. The schedules are sometimes irritating and impossible. Thanks.

All in all, a good day, even if I am much poorer now than when I started out.

2 comments:

  1. I kinda wanna check out the Namaste Cafe now... It sounds delicious :]

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh man, that picture makes me really hungry for... whatever those drinks are. :D I'll definitely have to try out the Tea Garden if I'm ever nearby one. :)

    ReplyDelete