Friday, February 26, 2010

Ah... decisions, decisions

So, I'm finalizing my schedule for next year. And by finalizing, I mean what I can feasibly do to graduate and take all the classes I want to take - that is until I don't get in to that one class that I need to get into.

In any case, I've decided not to take any more stats classes unless I can't get into different one. Which makes me a bit sad, as I like stats, and was looking forward to taking a couple more. But, instead I will be taking a women's history course and a management course, which leaves my interim free.

But what to take? This is the problem. The interim abroad trip to Thailand that I've wanted to take since freshman year is being offered next year. However, will I be able to afford it? I just spent $5000 going to Europe this past interim. Do I really want to be an additional $5000 in debt after I graduate?

I'm thinking yes. When else will I be able to spend a month in Thailand and learn in this situation again? I don't plan on working abroad after I graduate, or studying abroad during grad school. Unless I join the Peace Corps (if I cant find a job), I probably won't be going overseas until my loans are paid off.

So, I really want to do it, but I don't know if it'd be very responsible of me. Thoughts?

1 comment: