Thursday, February 18, 2010

Miyazaki-esque dream

I've been having pretty interesting dreams lately. I don't remember most of them, but I remember most of this mornings dream.

Anyway, so I was this girl, and there was this boy. He was magical, and came from this cave world. Everyone could see him, but only I could touch him. In any case, we were in high school, and good friends. There were seeds of love blossoming, but the Cave Spirit Council decided they needed him back before he became human totally.

So, I also have a broom. It doesn't fly very well. Shoots off for like 5 feet then falls to the ground. So, while we're being chased by the Cave Spirit shadows, and we finally figure out how to make the broom fly. (You have to burn it.)

So, we lite each piece of straw individually, and get pretty far. Our last one burns out over a lake, and we fall. I also have a cat with me, now that I think about it. In any case, me and the cat are fine (the cat somehow remains dry), but my friend is unconscious. So, we are being slowly swept to a slow-moving river, while I hold his head up, and the cat sits on my chest.

For some reason, probably because it's a dream, I can't move very much. I can just keep floating. I start to float down a tunnel (the guy and the cat disappeared at some point), and its getting darker and darker. Suddenly, a happy little glowing cloud appears out of thin air. It's happy and cheerful and glad to see me. Then, two more appear! I can begin to see the outline of a few more when...

...my alarm went off.

Goody.

In any case, it reminded me of a few Miyazaki movies. Some Kikis, some Spirited Away. Yeah. It was pretty cool, though I was a little anxious about where I was floating when I woke up.

No comments:

Post a Comment