Sunday, February 14, 2010

Camp Wellstone

Last November, I signed up for something called Camp Wellstone - a weekend long community organizing workshop. It was in February. That was far enough away to make me want to sign up for a two-day long event where I would have to get up at 7:30am.

Well, I'm glad I did. I enjoyed myself so much. I learned a lot, I got free lunches, a free tshirt and a free book, and met a lot of new people, and reconnect with people I already knew. Most importantly, I was inspired. I have been feeling myself burning out, and I hate that. I am less burnt out now.

Plus, the Olympics kick ass! The 1500m short track final was freaking insane! You just need to watch the last 3 laps, and you will see how exciting it was.

In other news, I ordered an additional computer. This one is to check my email everywhere, since my laptop isn't that portable. So I ordered a netbook to bring around. It's 2.9 lbs and has 11 hours of battery life. It should be here in a week or so. I'm pretty excited!

No comments:

Post a Comment