Saturday, February 6, 2010

Woofy woofs

Today, Mom brought me to the Wildlife Science Center in Forest Lake to volunteer for a sled dog event. The Wildlife Science Center was featured on two episodes of the "Growing Up" series on Animal Planet a few years ago. One episode was "Growing Up Bear" and the other was "Growing Up Wolf." They function as a wildlife reservation and education center. Ergo, they have a ton of wolves, bears, raptors, big cats like lynx and cougars, and raccoons and porcupines and the like.

Anyway, so we stood outside selling hotdogs, chips and sodas for 6 hours. It was cold. It was really hard to walk after a few hours. I was so cold that half an hour after we left, I still couldn't feel my fingers, toes and face. In fact, I cut my finger on something and I didn't really notice for a while, and we had to ask our waitress for a bandaid. Then my face turned pink and sunburned-looking. It went away finally, but I think I got some minor frostbite on my face, fingers and toes.

Also, foxes smell like ass. It's a little disappointing. Also, I want a hedgehog.

No comments:

Post a Comment