Sunday, January 3, 2010

Arrival in Piran!

I left home today at 1:30pm to go to MSP airport. Paddy, our prof, got stopped going through security because of his artificial knees. Rather entertaining, I must say. Our plane left for Chicago at 5:45pm (it left later than we thought it would, which is why we had to be there at 2:30). That flight showed 30 Rock. Then it was dinner at Chili's in O'Hare, and off to Munich. That flight was super long, but it was pleasant.

If you're going to travel overseas, take a foreign airline. They feed you. A lot. We got beverages, dinner, beverages, snack, late night juice, breakfast and more beverages. Even in our 1 hour connection to Venice, the airline served us dinner at 4:15pm. It was nasty and gross, but still, not bad.

On the way to Munich, I watched 500 Days of Summer, This Is It, and 2 Discovery Channel Documentaries. I slept for a few hours (I slept through the second half of This Is It). The girl next to me kept elbowing me in her sleep, and my neck kept tipping to the left. Super annoying.

I slept the whole way from Munich to Venice though, until they brought the food out. I had a window seat and everything. Alas, I missed most of the Alps.

After that, we ate in the airport as we waited for another of our group to join us who had a later flight. It was not very good, and difficult to order in Italian. Ah well. It was only €7 for the meal. The gum I bought in Munich cost €3.60. Rather ridiculous.

Luckily, I'll be traveling in cheaper countries than Germany and Italy for the most part. I'll save my money as much as possible for when I do travel to Venice on the free weekend.

Anyway, class starts bright and early at 10 tomorrow, so it's bedtime. I haven't taken many pictures, as we arrived at night, so I'll have those up tomorrow or the next day.

1 comment: