Friday, January 15, 2010

Day 14 - Last full day in Piran... for now!

Today, we gave presentations about three cities we'll be visiting: Osijek/Vukovar, Sarajevo and Mostar. We had to describe what happened there, why it happened, what it's like now and why we are going there. You can find most of the information by reading the Wikipedia pages about these towns. : )

I am currently using Shawn's computer. Shawn is the academic administrative assistant for the political science department. She's having dinner with Paddy at Dushka's house, our talkative tour guide. It's nice to not think about where the letter Y is, and not search for symbols only to find they're not there at all!

Today marks the halfway point of the trip, kinda. In two weeks, we leave early in the morning for Venice, then fly to Munich, then to Chicago, then Minneapolis, where we arrive at 9:30 in the evening. Good times. I think I am going to buy a small bag and check my suitcase on the way back. A few of my souvenirs are alcoholic in nature, and more than three ounces. I am also bringing honey (not to you, orange-sue, don't worry!), which cannot be brought as a carry on, either. I suppose I could just buy 3 ounce containers of honey, but that might be a bit weird. Ha....

I went to the post office today to buy souvenirs. They don't have a souvenir shop in Piran. It is a small town. I also bought ear bands, because it will be hanging around freezing the next week in Croatia and Bosnia. They're very cozy, and only 3 euros each.

Tomorrow, we go to Ljubljana. I am so excited! Just two more nights in Piran, and one more meal to pay for! But it means the end to our amazing breakfasts of bread, eggs, cheese, tomatoes, and various spreads.

1 comment:

  1. If I'm not getting honey, will I get shrapnel?

    ReplyDelete