Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Day 11 - Nothing exciting

It wasn't a bad day, but it was a little boring. Breakfast and a short class because Paddy has a cold and cannot speak for long periods of time. We just discussed our textbook a bit and talked about the test tomorrow. We weren't hungry at all, so we just grabbed a long coffee and headed back to the hostel. We stopped at the chocolate shop and got some sweets. They have a wide variety of awesome chocolate. Chocolate pianos, penises, breasts, violins, frogs, soldiers, etc, plus a wide variety of smaller chocolates. I bought a small box of chocolate frogs to snack on. Delicious!

I've been trying to do laundry for a couple days now. Each load takes 2 hours, and there are 25 of us all trying to do laundry in the same few days. It's getting annoying to go to the kitchen/laundry room and find the washer going every time. I just need to wash tshirts, undies, socks and 1 pair of jeans. Hoodies if they fit, but I won't push my luck. I'll just keep on trying. Maybe I'll get up at 6:30 to get them in before everyone gets up.

Anyway, instead of doing laundry, I just read for class, ate chocolate frogs, and chatted with folk. A few of us went to the bakery to have bureks (like flaky calzones, or pastries) for lunch. Again, I had a spinach burek. Delectable!

For dinner, we went to Pirat, the place that gives 10% off. I ordered beef noodle soup, tomato salad, tea and a chocolate crepe. I received beef-flavored ramen, a bowl of tomatoes, tea and a chocolate crepe. Not as substantial as I was expecting, but still good. I am getting Paddy's cold, so it's probably good that I had broth with some noodles, lots of tomatoes and tea. The crepe was just too amazing to pass up. There are two crepes filled with melted milk chocolate and covered with powdered sugar and drizzled with more chocolate and whipped cream, topped with a fun sparkly thing.

Anyway, I think I will go study and get lots of sleep so the cold gets better faster. Traveling while sick sucks. :(

Enjoy your day!

No comments:

Post a Comment