Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Piran Day 4

This morning was unfortunate. I had trouble sleeping from 3-6 again. At 7, I woke up, went down to breakfast, ate a delightful meal (although the eggs were scrambled with ham this morning instead of sunny side up, so I did not eat them). Then I went upstairs to see if my last grade has been posted yet.

All that showed up on my computer was a blue screen. A blue screen of death more specifically.

It was a disappointing morning. Now I won´t be able to use my own computer until I get back to school in February. Alors, I am using the computer in the hostel, which has a slavic keyboard. Easier to use than French because most of the letters are the same, but the Y and Z are switched around, which is surprisingly more annoying than I imagined. Also, it took us about an hour to find the @ symbol.

You must hit ˝Alt Gr˝ + ˝V˝ @@@@@@@ I found it!

Anyway, if there is a random z in my post, please forgive me.

Back to Day 4, now. We went to class, in the warm and humid classroom at the Institute. Interesting lecture, but warm and humid and full and tired = one sleepy Catey!

We ate a quick and filling lunch after in a hotel's cafe. I don't really know what I ate, but it tasted good. The waiter said it was like soy cakes, but they tasted like crab to me. It was served with some sort of mashed potatoes or polenta or something. Plus we had a delightful appetizer of brown bread, lettuce, tomatoes and some sort of potato salad/cole slaw/something. It'd be nice if menus are in English or French but it tasted good even if I didn't know what it is! I'll upload pictures to facebook once I get my computer working again.

Then we watched movie about the 12 day war of independence in Slovenia. I didn't really know who all was talking, so I was kind of confused. The fact that the warm, humid, dark room + food in my belly made it hard to stay awake.

Then we went to the market and bought stuff for dinner. I made penne with diced tomatoes and peas with some sort of cheese (like gruyere or something). It was pretty good. The kitchenette is limited, but nice to have.

No comments:

Post a Comment